Steve’s Cleenz – Terms and conditions of service
1. We will perform the services selected by you from our customer service options. We will use all reasonable skill and care in performing the services.
2. We will use all reasonable endeavours to complete the services by the time and day we have stated that the services should be performed by.
3. In the event that we cannot complete the services on the designated day we will seek to contact you and arrange for the services to be completed on the soonest available subsequent day. But we will accept no liability for failing to perform services on time, or not at all.
4. We will endeavour to take all reasonable care of your vehicle while it is in our possession. If we cause actual physical damage to your vehicle resulting from our negligence, we will, at our option either fix the damage or pay reasonable compensation for such damage. However we will not be liable for:
4.1 Damage or loss to you or your vehicle resulting from acts of third parties who are neither employees or agents.
4.2 Damage or loss to your vehicle caused by lightning, flood, severe weather, fire or explosion, civil disorder, war or military operations, national or local emergencies, anything done by Government or other competent authority, or industrial disputes of any kind.
4.3 Consequential loss to you or your vehicle resulting from any default on our part.
4.4 Loss or damage to you or your vehicle caused by us attributable to defects, damage or weakness in your vehicle which were not disclosed to us by you (irrespective of weather such defects were known to you). Other than liability for death or personal injury arising out of our neglect acts or omissions.
5. You must disclose to us all defects, damage, or weakness in your vehicle, known or suspected by you, which may be affected by the services, prior to our commencing with the cleaning process.
6. We do not undertake to insure your vehicle against loss while it is in our possession. Insurance of your vehicle is at all times your responsibility.
7. You will pay us for performing the services at the price set out in our price list.
8. You shall pay us in full before you uplift your vehicle. We shall be entitled to a lien over your vehicle entitling us to retain it, and not release it to you until you have made payment in full to us. Your vehicle will remain with us, at your risk, until any such late payment is made.
9. If any amount remains unpaid on its due date, we shall be entitled to charge interest on such unpaid amount at a rate of 10% per month until payment in full has be made.
10. You will be liable to us for any death, injury or damage suffered by us or our staff attributable to any defect in your vehicle, or any harmful contents.
11. It should be noted that polish and other cleaning products can be slippery and extreme caution should be exercised when returning to your vehicle. We accept no liability whatsoever for loss or damage caused as a consequence of failing to head this warning.
12. Old or non original paintwork can be damaged by the cleaning process. All such defects shall be indicated prior to commencement of the cleaning process.
13. Child seats must be refitted by you; we will not be able to re-fit seats under any circumstances.
14. Engine bay and manufacturers warranty wax can be removed at your request and your risk. Please check with your dealer to ensure that your vehicle engine and all ancillary components are safe to clean and advise us of any alarms, immobilisers or other electronic components fitted, prior to commencement of the cleaning process.
15. No liability will be accepted for damage to polished metal finishes that are not protected by a lacquer unless we are made aware of this prior to the commencement of the cleaning process.
16. You confirm that you have a spare set of keys for the vehicle and that we shall not be liable for loss or damage caused to you or the vehicle by our losing the keys or locking them in the vehicle.
17. Older cars may have weaker plastics and we agree to provide the services totally at your risk in respect of vehicles over 4 years old.
18. Our determination of the size category of your vehicle with regard to the pricelist shall be final and binding.
19. Explanations of certain words:
19.1 ‘price list’ Means the then current list of prices for the various services provided by us from time to time, and advised to you.
19.2 ‘the services’ Means the vehicle valeting services selected by you from those offered by us from time to time.
19.3 ‘the cleaning process’ Means the vehicle valeting services selected by you from those offered by us from time to time.
19.4 ‘the vehicle’ Means any car, van, commercial vehicle, motorcycle, caravan or any other form of transport accepted by us for cleaning.
19.5 ‘we’ and ‘us’ Means Steven Dobson trading as Steve’s Cleenz
19.6 ‘you’ Means the customer we make this agreement with, including any persons we reasonably Believe is acting with the customers authority or knowledge.
Gift Card/Voucher Terms
1. A Gift Card can be used in full or part payment for any products purchased from Steve’s Cleenz.
2. The minimum value needed to activate a Gift Card is £10 and the maximum value which can be stored on a Gift Card is £500.
3. In the event that any payment used to activate or top up a Gift Card is not authorised, or otherwise defaults, any corresponding amount added to the Gift Card will be removed.
4. When services are purchased using a Gift Card, no change will be given in cash but any value remaining on a Gift Card receipt and can be used in full or part payment for future purchases. Where a Gift Card holder wishes to use a Gift Card to buy a service with a value higher than the value on the Gift Card, he/she will be required to pay the difference in value.
5. The value on a Gift Card cannot be exchanged for cash or refunded. If any service purchased with a gift card is subsequently exchanged for a service of a lower price or a refund, any money owing will be added to the remaining balance on the card.
6. A Gift Card will expire and any remaining value will be removed if the Gift Card is not used to make a purchase or topped-up during any period of twelve consecutive months.
7. Please keep the Gift Card safe and treat it like cash. Steve’s Cleenz will not accept liability for lost, stolen or damaged cards.
8. Steve’s Cleenz may vary these terms and conditions for legal, security or regulatory reasons or may suspend or discontinue the Steve’s Cleenz Gift Card scheme at any time. Steve’s Cleenz will give such notice of any variation of the terms and conditions or any suspension or discontinuance of the Steve’s Cleenz Gift Card scheme as is reasonably possible, whether by notices displayed on www.stevescleenz.co.uk or otherwise. If the Steve’s Cleenz Gift Card Scheme is discontinued Steve’s Cleenz will give Gift Card holders a reasonable period to use any remaining value on the Gift Cards.
9. These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
1. To confirm a booking, a deposit of 20% of the quoted Detail/Valet price is required. This can be paid by credit/debit card* (via PayPal), cash or cheque.
2. The 20% deposit is non refundable.
3. If you (the Customer/Client) cancel your booking within 48 hours of the agreed date this will incur a charge of 50% of the full quoted detail/Valet price and the deposit kept.
4. If you (the Customer/Client) cancel with Less than 24 hours notice of the agreed date this will incur a charge of the full quoted detail/Valet price and the deposit kept.
5. The deposit taken will be deducted from the overall total price to be paid by you (the Customer/Client) upon completion of the service taken out with us (Steves Cleenz).
6. Payment for the booking can be made by credit/debit card* (via PayPal), cash or cheque.
*Please note that card payments via PayPal incur a 3.4% charge to cover PayPal’s fee’s.